From 28th August 2015 to 31st August 2015
Our 100th Anniversary (of being a 15'' gauge Railway)
BOOK IN ADVANCE ONLINE or DOWNLOAD OUR BOOKING FORM to guarantee your place on one of our special double headed trains. You will also receive memorabilia souvenirs and be entered into our prize draw to win a ride on the footplate (ticket also includes all day travel on normal scheduled service).
Over the course of the weekend we have lots going on including:
- We will be joined by visiting engines including: Count Louis (Evesham Vale Railway), Lydia (Perrygrove Railway), Soony (Perrygrove Railway), Britannia (Conwy Railway), Katie (Kirklees Light Railway), Red Gaunlet (Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway) Anne (a traction engine) and an appearance in steam by Synolda (a resident engine).
- A special timetable will be in place as Synolda and Count Louis will top and tail (one at the front, one at the back) and take a special journey from Ravenglass to Muncaster Mill.
- Our main stations will be adorned with vintage bunting and the cafes will be serving up some special anniversary menu creations throughout the weekend.
- A tour of the engineers shed and steam whistle collection.
- Eskdale Ranger Chris Berry will be leading guided walks including an historic circular walk to Beckfoot and a walk to Girder Bridge.
- The Preservation Society are hosting a model railway exhibition.
- On the Monday, Egremont Town Band will be joining us to get the celebrations into full swing.
- Other exciting developments include railway exhibitions, Peters Railway author, Ralph Bidder from Sleeper Crafts, Aperture bespoke souvenir photography, Dean Organ (Ravenglass) with the compulsory Organ Dog, children's activities, RSPB crafts and Morris Dance Group 'Two Headed Sheep' will be joining us on Sunday only.
There will be a full list of activities every day at both Ravenglass and Dalegarth Stations.
Please note: the top and tail Muncaster specials will be a short journey lasting approximately 15-20 minutes. The timings for these departures will be: 9.50, 11.40, 13.00, 13.40, 15.40 and 17.20.