at Ravenglass & Eskdale Steam Railway
Full, clear, key, coloured directions to Ravenglass from the M6 motorway at J40 (to Cockermouth) and J36 (to Broughton) approximately a 60 minutes journey. Directions to Dalegarth station also available and all information is shown on both the website and in the leaflet.
Ravenglass station is served by Northern Rail from Carlisle, Whitehaven, Maryport and Grange-over-Sands, Monday to Saturday. Carlisle links with Virgin Rail direct from London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester and Birmingham and intermediate stations. There is also a link to Newcastle connecting with the East Coast mainline.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Well sign posted from the A595
- Ravenglass station is a concealed turning on the left between the two railway bridges
- Car parking is Pay and Display
- Main car park has approximately 80 parking spaces
- Example charges as follows: £1.00 for one hour or £3.50 all day ( Allow 2 hours for round trip rail journey )
- There are 3 designated disabled parking spaces by main entrance to booking office
- Vehicles can be parked to allow rear access and there are no dropped kerbs
- Access to station is on tarmac and paving and is approximately 16 paces to booking office
- Large directional signs are located within the car parking area
- Free coach parking available at Ravenglass
- Ramped walkway from mainline Northern Rail platforms
- Charge point