to the Ravenglass & Eskdale Steam Railway
We advise that all of our customers travel directly to Ravenglass station as this is located on the main road around the West Coast of Cumbria - the A595. Directions to Dalegarth station available upon request at Ravenglass station ticket office.
Directions to the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
Ravenglass station is served by Northern Rail from Carlisle, Whitehaven, Maryport and Grange-over-Sands, 7 days a week. Carlisle station links with Virgin Rail direct from London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester and Birmingham (and intermediate stations). There is also a link to Newcastle connecting with the East Coast mainline. There are ramped walkways from both Southbound and Northbound platforms from Ravenglass mainline station to our station.
Car Parking Facilities
- Entrance to the Ravenglass station car park is a concealed turning on the left between the two railway bridges
- Car parking is Pay and Display
- Our station car park has approximately 80 parking spaces
- Example charges as follows: £1.50 for one hour or £4.00 all day (please allow 2 hours for round trip rail journeys)
- There are 3 designated disabled parking spaces by the main entrance to the ticket office
- Vehicles can be parked to allow rear access and there are no dropped kerbs
- Access to the station is on tarmac and is approximately 16 paces to the ticket office
- Large directional signs are located within the car parking area
- Free coach parking available at Ravenglass
- We have an electric car charging point