27th November 2021 to 28th November 2021, 4th December 2021 to 5th December 2021, 11th December 2021 to 12th December 2021, 18th December 2021 to 23rd December 2021
Our Santa Express event is back for 2021! Join us for a return trip to Dalegarth on one of our steam engines and whilst at Dalegarth, visit Santa in his grotto and receive your present. Stu-Di-Doo will be there to entertain everyone as well as plenty of activities at your reserved table.
All tickets for the Santa Express must be booked in advance.
You must arrive no later than 15 minutes before departure. You will want to arrive in good time as Santa has asked that you all receive a hot chocolate on arrival at Ravenglass station
Trains will leave Ravenglass at the following times:
10:00, 11:40, 13:20, 15:00, (16:20#)
#The 16:20 train will only run on the 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th
Child under 1 (no present and sitting on parent's knee): FREE
Child under 1 (present and sitting on parent's knee): £13.95
Child under 1 (present and an allocated seat): £22.50
Child 1-17: £22.50
We will be offering the chance for you to pre-book a Festive Picnic Box when you purchase your tickets that will then be delivered to your table in Dalegarth Station.
Child Meal: A choice of either pigs in blankets, chicken bites or falafel bites with chips £4.95
Adult Meal: Hot turkey roll with cranberry & stuffing, comes with pigs in blankets and dip £7.95
Adult Vegetarian Meal: Mushroom & leek pie with sweet pea & mint falafel bites and Cumberland sauce £7.95
Extra Chips £2.80
Extra Roast Potatoes £2.80
What to Expect in 2021
Following on from the tremendous feedback we received in 2020, our Santa Express trains will follow the format that we used in 2020.
All journeys will start from Ravenglass. Before you board your allocated seats the carriages will have been cleaned and sanitised by one of our Covid Champions.
At Dalegarth you will be allocated to a specific table for your family group. We will ask that you remain at this table during your stay at Dalegarth. You will be served your complimentary refreshments at the table and there will be activities for the little ones to do.
Santa will have sacks full of presents for the good boys and girls in his grotto at Dalegarth station. You will be taken to see Santa in your family group in the grotto.
Whilst you are waiting at your table Stu-Di-Doo will be on hand with some festive fun.
Whilst Face Coverings are no longer mandatory, we will encourage passengers to wear them at appropriate times. We are not sure of Santa’s vaccination status but we need to make sure he is in good health on Christmas Eve!
Frequently asked Questions
- I am bringing a child aged under 1 do I need to buy them a ticket? There are a number of options for little ones. If you are happy for them to sit on a knee but would like them to receive a present from Santa there is a reduced charge. If you would like them to have a seat of their own and receive a gift we ask that you pay full price. If you do not wish for them to receive a present from Santa they can travel for free.
- Can I exchange my child's present? With millions of children in the world Santa does occasionally make mistakes with a present he has given someone. Please don’t be cross or grumpy seek out one of his elves or a member of R&ER staff and the present can be exchanged. If you have any questions about what Santa may have in store for presents this year, please contact our office either by email at email@example.com or telephone us on 01229 717171.
- If I am unable to attend due to illness will I get a refund? Of course you will!
- Are there baby changing facilities? There are baby changing facilities at Ravenglass and Dalegarth.
- Relatives have met us at Dalegarth in the past, can they do this in 2021? Only passengers who have travelled on the train can enter the station building at Dalegarth. This is to ensure fairness for all those who have paid for their tickets. Anyone arriving at Dalegarth who has not travelled on the train will be turned away. Please spare relatives and our staff the embarrassment of having to deal with this situation.
- I or someone in my party requires accessibility assistance what should I do? Please contact our office directly to make your booking. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us in advance.
- What happens if I miss my train? Due to capacity restrictions, it may not be possible to change your ticket to another train on the day. Please speak to a member of staff on the day and we will do everything possible to assist you.
- Do I have to travel on the train specified? Yes.
- Is there reserved seating? Yes, you will be allocated specific seats on the train and you will be allocated to a specific table at Dalegarth.
- Can I order food to eat on the day? Yes, you can pre-order a festive picnic box when purchasing your tickets. This will be brought to your table at Dalegarth at the event.
- What happens when I arrive at Ravenglass? Please check in at our ticket office to receive your Santa ticket, your ticket will tell you where you are sat on the train and enable you to get your complimentary hot chocolate from the Turntable Café before departure.
- What happens on the train? The train will be pulled by one of our historic steam engines up Eskdale to Dalegarth.
- What happens at Dalegarth? You will be shown by our elves to your special allocated table. Here you will receive a festive tipple or soft drink and a festive cake. You can pre-order a festive picnic box to eat at the table. From here when the time is right, (and assuming you have been good!) you will be taken to see Santa in his grotto. You will be at Dalegarth for one hour giving all families a chance to see Santa. Don’t forget to bring your camera – you can take pictures in the grotto!
- I am a local resident or have a discount card can I use it on Santa trains? As our Santa Express is a special event we are unable to offer discounts on it. Please remember that there are no hidden costs on our Santa Express services.