This high-quality Lake District railway carriage self-catering accommodation sleeps 4-5 guests (4 adults and 1 child maximum) and is dog-friendly. Guests are accommodated in one double and one zip-linked twin room, with a bed in a box in the lounge area. There is space to set up a travel cot (not supplied) in the master bedroom. Our holiday start days are Mondays (4 nights) and Fridays (3 nights).
Good to know:
- In the kitchen, you'll find a kettle, two-slice toaster, two-ring electric hob, microwave, tabletop convection oven/grill, and fridge with freezer compartment.
- The double master bedroom has a small wardrobe with shelves and a coat stand. Off the bedroom is an en-suite shower room with a toilet and sink.
- The second bedroom is compact, with twin beds - see photo above, shelves and a small drawer unit.
- In the main bathroom, there's a shower, toilet and sink.
- An iron and ironing board are provided.
- Access to Maid of Kent is via steep, open steps which lead to the covered entrance porch/vestibule and front door. Access to the rear is from the entrance porch/vestibule.
- In front of Maid of Kent, there's a fenced sensory garden. At the back, you'll find a fenced patio area with a picnic bench and a communal garden.
- Free parking for one car in front of the camping coach. A second space can be pre-booked.
- Dogs - the front steps up to the Pullman Camping Coaches are very steep and not paw-friendly. Therefore, we recommend your canine family members use the back entrance.
Please note, that our main season runs from March until the end of October. However, we will operate trains during the February half-term and festive trains during December. Please see the timetable for further details.
Looking for railway cottage holidays?
Take a look at our recently refurbished railway platform cottage, Hilton Cottage.