Key Terms of Employment
Business: Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway
Location: Ravenglass, Cumbria, CA18 1SW
Terms: Permanent, full-time contract
Hours: 35 hrs per week over 5 days on a rota to include weekends and bank holidays working
Pay: £22,000 PA
Applications: Applications should be made by submitting your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're looking for a friendly and helpful administrator to join our small team at 'L'al Ratty' - the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway. You will provide a welcoming reception and administrative service, dealing efficiently with enquiries and ensuring outstanding customer service. As the first point of contact for incoming telephone and email enquiries, you must have an excellent telephone manner, communication skills and the ability to manage customer expectations efficiently.
In this varied role, you will need to be flexible, focused, self-motivated, and effective at time management and organisation.
- Preparing regular financial and marketing reports.
- Assisting with group bookings and providing a group welcome service.
- Handling e-ticketing enquiries and processing orders of advanced tickets and experiences.
- Assisting with marketing initiatives and seasonal or special events.
- Providing correspondence and general administrative support, handling petty cash and banking.
- Providing additional support to the visitor services team.
- Coordinating the monitoring and ordering of stationery and consumables.
- Working with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the Ravenglass office on a day-to-day basis.
- Providing a first point of contact for visitors by handling telephone and email enquiries.
- Working within and respecting the confidentiality required by a private sector commercial operating company.
- Work safely at all times, raising any health and safety concerns immediately with the management team.
- Any other duties as occasionally required that contribute towards the successful operation of the railway.
A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is essential, including Teams, Excel and Word. You will need the aptitude and ability to adapt to different software systems and processes, training for which will be provided. You should have a good understanding of utilising the internet and e-commerce environments. Previous experience in an administrative post is essential.
Skills for Success
- Enjoy working with others and being part of a great team.
- A good memory and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm in a busy environment.
In addition to the above pay provision, the following benefits are also provided:
- 28 days paid annual leave entitlement per year (pro rata).
- Company sick pay upon completion of a 3-month probationary period - entitlement increases with length of service.
- Flexible working opportunities and family-friendly policies.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Employee well-being programme (in development).
- Free car park.
- Discounted meal and beverages whilst on duty.
We also provide the following staff discounts:
- Free travel for immediate family on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway and Ullswater 'Steamers'.
- Staff discounts in retail and café outlets.
- Discounted accommodation rates across the group including a friends and family rate.
About Lake District Estates
Lake District Estates is a dynamic and growing family-owned company incorporating several businesses operating private holiday home ownership, self-catering holidays, residential and commercial lettings, retail outlets and heritage visitor attractions. The company head office on Maude Street in Kendal provides support to the wider business accommodating senior management, finance, marketing, human resources, and property teams.