Terms and Conditions for ticket purchase for the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway Company Ltd – July 2023 Revision
All persons travelling on the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway (the “Railway”) and at all times whilst on or at our premises are subject to the following terms and conditions:
Our enquiry and booking service (the “Booking Service”) is offered as a service to you, the customer, by us, Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway Company Ltd (also referred to as “we”, and “our” or “Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway”), via our website at www.ravenglass-railway.co.uk (the “Website”).
- Special Event tickets whether purchased through our booking service or via a third party can only be used on the day, time and seat allocation stated. Special Event Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable except when the event cannot take place. Special Event ticket holders are not permitted to resell or transfer tickets to other named persons.
- Santa Tickets - Ticket Information for Santa tickets. Your ticket is valid for the Santa Express on the date/time specified at the top of your confirmation. Children will receive an age-appropriate present from Santa Claus, activity pack and some festive refreshments. Grownups will receive a festive snack and drink whilst the train waits at Dalegarth station. Please note that all Santa Express trains start from Ravenglass station. Please allow at least 15 minutes before departure. Please note tickets are not transferrable. Please view complete terms and conditions here https://ravenglass-railway.co.uk/terms-and-conditions. Visitor Information for Santa -please note dogs are not permitted at this event (except assistance dogs). Your seat allocations for the train and Dalegarth station will be issued on the day you visit. Please check in at Ravenglass booking office on arrival. Please note only passengers who have travelled by train will be admitted to Dalegarth station.
- Pullman and First-Class Tickets are only available on specific services. No dogs may travel in “Joan” the Pullman Observation carriage. Food and Drink is not permitted in “Joan” the Pullman Observation Carriage. If the Pullman or First-Class carriages are moved, rescheduled or unavailable tickets may be exchanged or refunded. Pullman and First-Class ticket holders will not be entitled to any refund or compensation if we allow other passengers to occupy Pullman and First-Class seats due to an out of course event.
- Group bookings organised by tour operators are subject to a minimum of 10 persons. Please contact the office for further information.
- Dogs are permitted on all timetabled services. They are required to have a ticket for travel. Dogs must be kept on a short lead and under control. Dogs are not permitted in Joan Pullman Carriage and Railway Museum (unless assistance dogs). Dogs may only use designated areas of the Turntable and Fellbites Cafes.
- Bikes can be transported on the trains, but they must be pre booked and for Ravenglass and Dalegarth departures only. Please call us to book 01229 717171. We cannot accept walk up bikes.
- We shall not be liable to any passenger for any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or because of the operation or cancellation of any service provided, including but not limited to damage to or loss or property or items belonging to the passenger and any personal injury subject to clause 17. Passengers should be aware that steam operated trains can emit hot soot and particles during operation.
- We only supply the Booking Service for private use. You agree not to use the service for any commercial or business purpose, and we have no liability to you for any loss or profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Passengers must always keep personnel belongings with them. We accept no responsibly for the theft of any property or personnel item whilst travelling on our trains or on our premises.
- Clauses in these Terms and Conditions do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:- a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or c) any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Good Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or d) losses for which it is prohibited by section 7 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to limit liability.
- Unnecessary noise such as that from the use of radio sets, personnel stereos, including MP3 players and any other electrical equipment, or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other passengers, is not permitted on any service.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult and always remain under the supervision of an adult. Children should be seated away from carriage doors and openings where possible.
- All passengers should keep all limbs inside the confines of the carriage. Leaning out or extending arms or legs outside the train during the journey is strictly forbidden and will result in removal from the train at the next available opportunity. Passengers on board carriages with droplight windows must not lean out of the windows or over the carriage side during the journey.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on board the trains and on the platforms.
- Passengers must only board and alight when the train is at a designated stop and when instructed by us.
- Passengers must always remain seated during the journey, and we advise passengers to wear a face mask.
- Whilst waiting for trains passengers should always remain on the platforms and only cross the railway tracks at designated crossing points at either end of the platforms.
- We reserve the right, without refund and, where appropriate, to refuse entry onto or remove from the train or platform any person who, in our opinion a)is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other passengers by their conduct; or b) has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace; or c) is likely to endanger themselves, the train, the staff or any other passenger.
- All passengers must comply with all relevant statutes, current COVID 19 legislation as laid out by Government law, safety announcements, instructions given by our staff and the regulations in force at the time whilst travelling on the railway.
- Breach of any of these Terms and Conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall enable us to refuse to carry you as a passenger or will result in your removal from the train at the next available opportunity.
- We will only use the personal information you provide us to provide the service or to inform you about similar services which we can provide unless you tell us you do not want to receive this information.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Law.
- Third-party services. When you book a ticket and your preferred product or service is available, the contract for such third-party services (for example, travel company or hotel booking) will be between the relevant supplier and you. We are not a party to any such contractual relationship, and you should read the terms and conditions applicable to such third-party services.
Hornby Magazine offer:
- 20% off standard adult and child Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway tickets with the special code from Hornby Magazine. The offer is valid until the end of December 2023 – online offer only on full day adult and child return tickets only – not valid for family, four adults, or joint tickets, or special events. Subject to availability. Regular Terms and Conditions apply.