Information for Families
at Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
We want to make your family day out at the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway as simple and straightforward as possible. Here we have some handy tips for you to read before your visit:
- Children under 3 years old travel for free on the Railway.
- Family tickets for two adults and two children are available to purchase here.
- Prams and pushchairs are accepted onto our trains but need to be able to be folded down so that they can be stored on the train before leaving the station. Please note, wheelchairs take priority on our trains.
- Our onsite museum is free to enter and is full of interactive exhibits for the children to get involved in - a great way to extend your day with us.
- Kids menus are available in both the Turntable Café (Ravenglass) and Fellbites Café (Dalegarth)
- We have play areas located at both ends of the line at Ravenglass and Dalegarth Stations. Ravenglass play area is located above the turntable and is a secure area for children to play on the swings and have fun. The play area at Dalegarth is located in the car park and is again a great area for children to run around. This play area has also been designed with trains in mind so that children can have their very own experience of a stationary wooden train!
- Keep an eye on our events page for lots of fabulous family events in the year
- There are lots of great local family friendly walks in the area. Click here to find out more
- View our accessibilty page to help you plan your visit if you have any access needs
- Did you know Beatrix Potter used to live and farm in the Eskdale valley? Find out more here
If you have any more questions you can contact us here and we will be happy to help!