Information for Families
at Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
We want to make your family day out at the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway as simple and straightforward as possible. Here we have some handy tips for you to read before your visit:
- Children under 5 years old travel for free on the Railway. Please note, for some special events only children under 3 years old travel for free. Find out more on our events page.
- Family tickets for two adults and two children are available to purchase here.
- Prams and pushchairs are accepted onto our trains but need to be able to be folded down so that they can be stored on the train before leaving the station. Please note, wheelchairs take priority on our trains and at our Peppa Pig event there will be a free buggy park located at Ravenglass to leave your pram or pushchair securely as they will not be able to be taken on the train.
- Our onsite museum is free to enter and is full of interactive exhibits for the children to get involved in - a great way to extend your day with us.
- Kids menus are available in both the Turntable Café (Ravenglass) and Fellbites Café (Dalegarth) along with activity sheets to colour in
- We have play areas located at both ends of the line at Ravenglass and Dalegarth Stations
- Keep an eye on our events page for lots of fabulous family events in the year including Peppa Pig, Young Engineers Day Out and the Santa Express
- There are lots of great local family friendly walks in the area. Click here to find out more
- View our accessibilty page to help you plan your visit if you have any access needs
- Did you know Beatrix Potter used to live and farm in the Eskdale valley? Find out more here
View May 2018 Northern Rail Timetable
If you have any more questions you can contact us here and we will be happy to help!